For the filling :-
- 1 cup crumbled paneer.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped spring onions ( the more of the greens)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 6 to 7 green chillies finely chopped
- Salt to taste.
For the cover:-
- 1 cup whole wheat flour(atta)
- 1/4 cup maida
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix the flour , maida ,salt and oil and enough water so as to make a chapati like dough.
- Keep this aside cover with a plastic .
- In another bowl mix the ingredients of the filling and microwave it for 5 mins on high. This will make all the flavours blend well. Cool this mixture.
- Now make medium sized balls of the dough.
- Roll them into puri sized circle and then add 1 to 2 tbsp of the filling.
- Seal it well and then dust them with flour and roll them into parathas.
- On a tava or griddle, heat some oil and cook the parathas well on both sides. Add some oil
- Serve hot with dahi and mango pickle.
- I use the home made paneer, since fresh paneer is not available here.
- For making panner at home., boil 2 litres of milk.
- In a bowl, take 1/2 cup of yogurt and add juice of 1 small lime and 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Add this mixture to the boiling milk and switch off the gas. The milk will curdle.
- Do not stir. Cover the milk for 10 mins.
- Remove this in a muslin cloth and drain all the water.