These muffins are easy to make , they stay moist and yes they are extremely healthy. High in fiber and low in fat. This recipe is adapted from the one posted on the back of my regular cereal box.
Here is what you will need.
- 1 1/3 cups Bran flakes cereal.
- 1 cup low fat milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 packed cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran / oat bran
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh /frozen berries ( blueberries /cranberries / raspberries or simply raisins )
Here is how you do it
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F . Grease or paper line muffin pan .
- Mix egg , oil and milk well.
- Add the bran flakes to it. Let it sit for 10 mins till the bran flakes have very soft.
- Combine flour , bran , sugar , baking powder and Cinnamon powder in a separate bowl.
- Now combine 3 and 4. Dnt whisk Just mix.
- Fold in the berries. Dnt thaw if using frozen berries. Dust the berries with some flour if using fresh ones.
- The mixture will be thick.
- Divide equally among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 mins or till done.
- Makes 12 muffins.