A flavorful and fragrant chicken entree .
Here is what you need
1 lb chicken breast cut into cubes
1 medium onion , pureed in the mixer
4 medium Roma tomatoes , finely chopped
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 cup Kasuri methi soaked in warm water for 10 mins
2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tap white pepper powder ( can substitute for black pepper )
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp jeera powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup greek yogurt
A few cashewnuts soaked in water .
1. Marinate the chicken with greek yogurt , 1 tsp red chilli powder , ginger garlic paste and garam masala for atleast 2 hours
2. In a non stick pan , heat Ghee and add the onion paste. Saute well and cook on low flame till the onions become light brown in color
3. Add the finely chopped tomatoes and saute well. Cool until soft .
4. Drain the water from Kasuri methi and add the Kasuri methi to it. This will
Ensure that the bitter taste of Kasuri methi is gone. Add the remaining spices .
5. Add the marinated chicken and saute well.
6. Add 1.5 cup of water and cook on low until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
7. Blend the cashews into a fine paste and add to the chicken.
8. Add salt to taste .
9 . Garnish with finely chopped fresh cilantro and serve hot with rotis / naan / steamed rice .