It was Shaunak's birthday on 17th nov. We had the usual mid night cake cutting. ( Black forest cake from albertons was really good )
Since it was his first budday after marriage , I wanted to make it special. Got him gifts. For dinner he wanted to eat Idli Sambhar Chutney.
As for the dessert , I was in a mood to experiment something new. This time I thought of Tiramisu. After much surfing on the net, I came across a few recipes which looked easy. The final product turned out pretty well.
Here is what you need.
- Sponge cake (plain or vanilla)
- 8 oz Tiramisu Mascarpone Cheese ( This is easily available in any grocery store.)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 3 to 4 tbsp confectioners sugar or fine sugar
- 1 tsp coffee powder.
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- In a bowl, mix the whipped cream , sugar and cheese till properly blended.
- In another bowl add 2 to 4 tsp of water to the instant coffee powder.
- Slice the sponge cake into thin squares
- Now place one slice on a plate and pour some of the coffee mixture on it.
- The spread one layer of the cheese and cream mixture on it.
- Now place another layer of the cake slice and repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Make at least 3 layers of the cake.
- Spread the cheese and cream mixture on the top layer.
- Finally dust some cocoa powder on the top
- Alternatively you can also set the tiramisu in single serve bowls.
- Chill the tiramisu for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Then place another layer of the