No bake Cheese cakes are the simplest and easiest desserts to make. Since a long time I have been wanting to make a cheese cake using Cream Cheese. With bananas lying in the kitchen , I decided to make a banana cheese cake with some caramel flavour .This recipe is a no bake recipe which means it has no eggs, takes less efforts and is also a no fuss recipe.
So here is what you need.
- 1 cup cream cheese at room temp. ( I used Philadelphia cream cheese )
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium sized bananas finely chopped ( not too ripe)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 11 gm Gelatin ( 1 packet)
- 1/2 cup water
- Pie crust
For the caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Blend together cream cheese , cheese and sugar.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- Now blend the gelatin and bananas with the cream mixture.
- Pour it over the pie crust.
- For the caramel sauce , heat sugar in a sauce pan on medium heat. As the sugar begins to caramelize , add butter and lower the flame. Add milk to this and stir well till the sauce thickens a little. ( Be very careful while adding butter and milk as the sugar is very very hot at this point. Also do not thicken this a lot , as it will thicken when it cools down.)
- Cool this sauce a little and pour about 1 tbsp over the cheese cake. Don't mix it completely. Let there be some streaks .
- Now put this in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Slice the pieces and top with some chopped bananas.
- You can use low fat cream cheese and cream for a low fat version of this recipe.
- The amount of sugar depends on the sweetness of the bananas. Adjust accordingly.
- Also if you wish you can top the cheese cake with caramel sauce instead of adding it to the cake.