A much healthier version of the cream of broccoli soup. A must try for the weight watchers.
Here is what you need
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1 medium white onion cut in cubes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 cups water /vegetable stock
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- a pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper corns
Here is how you do it
- In a pressure cooker , heat butter .Add garlic and saute the onions.
- Add the sugar and saute on medium flame till the onions are caramelized . Take care not to burn the onions
- Then add the broccoli florets. Saute well.
- Add stock and and cook for 2 whistles.
- Cool the mixture and blend till smooth.
- Blend milk and cornflour and add to the soup.
- Now heat the soup in another vessel .
- Add nutmeg , salt and pepper. Adjust as per taste
- Add walnuts and Serve hot.